Jacksonville in Review

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Now Open

Starbucks at the corner of Baymeadows and Phillips Highway

Growing up I've never liked to drink coffee. Every now and again I would like a taste of coffee ice cream but never really felt the need to drink it. Until the day I walked into Starbucks. It took some time to find the drink I liked, but when I did I've been hooked since.
I caught wind of this new starbucks opening up off of Baymeadows and Phillips so I decided to go check it out. Their grand opening was on January 13th. When I walked in I noticed that this Starbucks looked much different compared to the others around town. The atmosphere had an old fashion coffee shop type feel to it. It even had a little bar where you could sit and drink. There were a few tables and chairs spread throughout the store along with 4 big comfy chairs. As I approached to place my order, the employees were quite friendly, and offered free samples of either lemon cake or a chocolate chip cookie. I graciously took a small piece of lemon cake. It was quite delightful. My drink of choice was a tall caramel frappacino double blended. Turns out my friend, who came along for the ride, ordered a drink that wasn't quite on the menu, but was courteous enough to make the drink with no problems.
Once our beverages were in hand we sat down to enjoy our drinks. We were lucky enough to be able to sit in the comfy chairs. While we sat back and enjoyed the atmosphere, music played in the background. I believe they were playing Tony Bennett's duets or greatest hits. Overall it was quite enjoyable. Oh and it turns out I heard one of the Barista's (starbucks employee) mention to another customer that they will start serving sandwich's. That is definitely something new for them.
All in and all I had a great experience visiting this new Starbucks. My drink was made just the way I liked, the atmosphere was comfortable and relaxing, and the employees were very friendly. So if you are in that neighborhood pop in and grab a cup of coffee. I've already gone back a few more times after my first trip there.

Until next time .....

Robin

No comments: